Thursday, April 30, 2009

Partner Wanted for TransAlp Mtn Bike Race

Hi everyone,
I am looking for a partner for the transalp mountain bike race in Europe this summer. I was lucky enough to get a spot, and I have a very strong partner (Trygve Hutto who was born and raised in the valley and recently returned after medical school and residency), but unfortunately I have injured my knee and I cannnot make the race. It is an 8 day race, averaging 8,000 feet of vertical per day, 40 to 60 miles per day. It basically goes from town to town through the German and Italian Alps. There will be another team from Vail also going and together we were going to hire a driver to cart our stuff around and help out. It will truly be a once in a lifetime trip. Check out the website at http://www.bike-transalp.de/englisch/ The race is coming up soon, July 18, so I know this is last minute, but if anyone has the interest and means, please contact me at caseys@pol.net Thanks and have a great summer.

Casey Strahan

No comments: